Sunday, March 29, 2009

Summer is for Fucking (Part 2)

As the days get longer, classes get harder to care about, and my mind wanders to the world outside the windows. Everybody is making plans for the summer and counting the days until classes end and fun begins.

But I, for one, did not particularly enjoy last summer. A summer I spent scanning parking tickets and collecting money at a hospital parking lot right down the street from my childhood home was the last thing I expected to be doing with those four months of glorious weather and a reprieve from the dreariness of winter and classes.

So this summer, I have plans:

  • Maybe I'll turn this blog into something that I'd actually want to read rather than just a catalogue of my meandering thoughts.
  • I want to write a collection of short stories. I want anyone who reads this list to tell me three things that you want me to include in a story and I will do my fucking damnedest to produce something entertaining for you.
  • I want to go on a road trip. Somewhere. Anywhere.
  • I want to record an EP or something with the greatest fucking band anywhere near BU, The Clap.
  • I want to see somebody in a crowded room staring back at me, lulling me into a trance with her eyes--or his eyes? Maybe an Otis Redding song will be playing. Maybe the night will turn into morning. The sun will probably rise. I'll make breakfast. 
  • I want to accomplish something.
  • I want to love somebody.
  • I want suggestions from everyone on how to spend my summer.
Let's hope that this summer I don't get fucked like last year. 

Cheers to those of you who have somebody to spend the summer with. Cherish them.

~MC

P.S. Professors.

1 comment:

Jgerbs said...

three things for your stories:
1. bro sodas
2. a character that resembles jen brown EXACTLY
3. and a midget that realizes he has x-ray vision and his quest to become the next superhero.