But I, for one, did not particularly enjoy last summer. A summer I spent scanning parking tickets and collecting money at a hospital parking lot right down the street from my childhood home was the last thing I expected to be doing with those four months of glorious weather and a reprieve from the dreariness of winter and classes.
So this summer, I have plans:
- Maybe I'll turn this blog into something that I'd actually want to read rather than just a catalogue of my meandering thoughts.
- I want to write a collection of short stories. I want anyone who reads this list to tell me three things that you want me to include in a story and I will do my fucking damnedest to produce something entertaining for you.
- I want to go on a road trip. Somewhere. Anywhere.
- I want to record an EP or something with the greatest fucking band anywhere near BU, The Clap.
- I want to see somebody in a crowded room staring back at me, lulling me into a trance with her eyes--or his eyes? Maybe an Otis Redding song will be playing. Maybe the night will turn into morning. The sun will probably rise. I'll make breakfast.
- I want to accomplish something.
- I want to love somebody.
- I want suggestions from everyone on how to spend my summer.
Cheers to those of you who have somebody to spend the summer with. Cherish them.