Wednesday, February 20, 2008

RANT!!!!!!!!!!

This past weekend has caused me to realize my hatred for several varying things in my life.

First on my list is BU "comedy" troupe, Liquid Fun. This is a misnomer, for the troupe is neither fun nor is there any relevant connection to liquid other than the sweat dripping down their necks from lack of laughter. To be fair, they suck at what they do so fuck them. Brooke Assad (see last post) coerced me into working an overnight shift at the GSU Friday night into Saturday. I arrived at BU Central around 2:00 am, armed with several drinks high in caffeine. At this point, the performers were already knee deep in embarrassment. I quickly ordered a pizza from Domino's to help assuage the pain brought on from the boredom that the night was sure to provide. It wasn't much help. I left at 7:00 am and was asleep before my head hit the pillow around 7:30.

Flash forward to noon, Saturday. I awake to the sound of Flannigan's Ball, by the Dropkick Murphys, my current ringtone and obnoxiously loud chorus that pisses off my roommates. It's my twin sister, Kelly.

"I'm going home. Are you coming?"
Ughhhhhhhhhh. Fineee.

I take a few moments to clear my schedule and gather my things, and the next thing I know, I'm on the T on my way to South Station. Before I can even fully process the events that have taken place, I am on a cramped Lucky Star Bus on my way to New York, fifteen bucks poorer and in need of a good shower and shave. After six grueling hours of being stuck behind potheads who keep pushing their seats back in search of a more comfortable baked-out position, we finally arrive in Chinatown. A quick stop to visit my dad at work and my sister and I are minutes from arriving home to the comfort and amenities that only your mother and the house you grew up in can offer.

"How about some Chinese food?"
AHHHHHHH!!!! No more Chinese anything!! 

But I never win, so I polish off my fortune cookie and some Coldstone ice cream and it's time to hit the sack for some well-deserved rest. But I can't even make it up the stairs to enjoy the consolation of my soft, fluffy mattress. No, I have to fall asleep on the couch while watching TV. A decision I would regret some twelve hours later when my family woke me up to go pick up my car from my dad's house.

12:30 pm, Sunday afternoon
I arrive at my father's humble abode to find that he needs to run some errands before having a little breakfast. Sounds good, Pops. I'll make the bacon...And I did, as soon as we returned to his kitchen around 4 pm. 

"Hey Dad, let's watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I still haven't seen it. It was one of my favorite books."

"Sure, let's just watch the first few minutes of this shitty movie I Tivoed. Oh, and then we can watch another shitty movie I Tivoed. During that one, I'll wake you up every time you almost fall asleep."

I just want a shower!!!!

Two horrendous movies and a couple of episodes of The West Wing later, I'm on my way home in my own car. Luckily, it's only around midnight.

Monday morning, Noon
YAAAAAAWWWWNNNNNNNN. It's Presidents' Day, so I'm happy because I'm a patriot and an avid supporter of past, present, and future members of the Executive branch of government.
I get in the shower. AHHHH, finally. An hour passes and I'm back on the Lucky Star Bus on my way back up to Boston and my triple dorm room that was meant for a double. I hate you so much, Shane.

Okay. I wake up Tuesday morning around 5:30 am to do my radio show. My co-host Anthia and I trek through the frigid iciness of the godless Boston winter to discover that the COM building is locked. The evil weekend decided to stick around for an extra day or two. But I'm an optimist (anyone catch the irony?), so I find the silver lining in the fact that I can get some extra Z's before work at 10.

I wake up. 10:30. Sweet.

No shower today either, I suppose.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Let's recap: Liquid Fun, the Chinese, potheads on buses, movies my dad has on Tivo, my dorm room, Shane, the COM building, sleep. You're all on my hit list for the time being.

~A very angry young lad

Oh, by the way, there's a new poll up. Get your vote on, heathens.

1 comment:

Mike Carlos said...

You liked the first shitty movie loser.