Saturday, April 19, 2008

My List

If you want some background info on why I'm doing this read the lengthy post that follows this one. My apologies to those of you who don't have the time or attention span to devote to reading more than a paragraph or two. 

The book inspired me to make my own list of childhood dreams, or goals, and to do a check-up of sorts to see how I'm coming along.

1. Become a professional baseball player.

~Status: Failed. However, I did just kick my floormates' asses in some MLB 2K8. I don't care if Sutie's never played before, I'll still be greedy on the basepaths.

2. Go to college. Don't drop out. (Sorry, Dad, but I've always been nervous that I'd take the same route you did. Hope you understand.)

~Status: In production. So far, so good, I haven't cracked under the pressure yet.

3. Get married to a woman that I love with all my heart.

~Status: Fuck, does this one seem like a difficult task at the moment. Maybe in a few years, these girls won't be so fuckin' self-absorbed. Or maybe I'll have the balls to pursue the ones who aren't so self-absorbed. By the way, your obsession with MTV and celebrity gossip makes you LESS appealing.

4. Have kids. Love said kids with all of said heart.

~Status: Complete step 3 first.

5. Go to Ireland.

~Status: In discussions with sister about proposed future trip to Europe. I'm confident this one will happen.

6. Write a book.

~Status: Well, I'm honing my skills as a writer through the employment of this blog as well as improving myself with the criticism and assistance of BU's writing faculty.

7. Become a famous musician.

~Status: Most likely not going to happen; however, striving towards this goal with my heart completely immersed in it for two years really helped me to mature and grow. My continued guitar-playing and songwriting is also an excellent release for everyday stresses and a superb form of self therapy. I'm a fucking artist. Two people will get that joke.

8. Be healthy (as far as it is under my control to do so).

~Status: In progress. I'm in shape, but not as good as I wanna be. Need to eat healthier and do more fun athletic things that I haven't done as much since coming to college.

9. Help People.

~Status: This one's a doozy. I really got ambitious on this one. I envision a future in which I have done everything in my power to alleviate any and all peoples from as much pain as it is in my power to do. If I can, then I should.

Okay, I'm really fuckin' tired; I'm going to sleep. Seriously, please leave comments, I'm curious to see how people respond to these last two posts. Any and all feedback and/or criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

Peace & Love,

~The Mick

No comments: