Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 - I Wanna Sink to the Bottom with You

2008 is over. 
Thank God.

Time to make some New Year's Resolutions.

I resolve to:

1. Host a '50s theme cocktail party and outdrink everyone else there. Then 
I'll cheat on my subservient, suburban housewife with a hot, young secretary from my firm, where I sell the lie of the American dream. Then I'll drive home. The Real American Dream.

2. At the very least, play one show with The Clap!, an amazing musical group that I helped found. C'mon everybody, get the Clap!

3. Win a staring contest with an 8-year-old.

I'm just gonna let the awesomeness of that one settle in.






4. Build my credit....card debt.

5. Steal your girlfriend.

6. Kick your ass.

7. Wake up from my delusions of grandeur.



8. Improve my wardrobe to an acceptable adult level.

9. Finally write my first groundbreaking novel.

10. Travel the countr--nay, the world!

11. Stay afloat in the failing economy, or sink to the bottom with the one I love--that's right, YOU, my loyal reader.

Try to keep your heads above the swell, ladies and gentlemen. It's going to be a long swim. 

In 2009, the Chinese year of the Ox, let's hope we can be as stubborn as an ox,  as sly as a fox, as brave as a lion, and as lucky as a leprechaun, or else we're fucked. 

See you in Hell,

~MC

3 comments:

MK said...

I should have known your list would be like this! Not the standard... "This year, I want to do better in school.. blah blah." You are too sassy, Mike Carlos. Nice blog.. I'm bookmarking it. xoMK

mcarlos89 said...

Oh, thank you very much, MK, whomever you are. I wish I knew you in life, instead of just on the Internet. Que sera, sera.

~MC

P.S. I'm coming back on Monday. Save a little sliver of time for me.

devon said...

cute, 4-Name Mike. you gonna read MY blog now, or what?